Monday, October 15, 2007

The Power of the Lake

What an amazing day to be on your bike! Day's like today remind me of how lucky I am to live right next to such a wonder of the natural world. Like I've said before, I love the waves of the Lake Superior, but when I said it last time, the waves paled in comparison to what we had today. I wish I would have had my camera, but sometimes, just enjoying the view is what really matters.
I like to sit on my bike on the lake walk right next to the mosaic of tiles (I couldn't find a picture or info online, I'll have to get a picture) and this morning when the waves were breaking and shooting some 20 feet + into the air I could feel the waves pounding the break wall and shaking the lake walk, literally!
I had a late ride home, left at 7:30 or so and took the lake walk again. What a site! The white of the waves would grow out of the black water like some fierce storm. I can't imagine what it's like when it's really bad, and you're in the middle of the lake, miles from nowhere.
I used my home made light on the way home tonight. I took it out for an actual test run Saturday night. I rode to get some ice cream bars for my wife and I and took a trip through Lester Park. It lasted about 30 minutes before it started to really fade so knowing that tonight, I used my led headlight until I got to London Road, then turned on the bright 50 watt light :D . It works really well for 14$ or so in parts!

Anyhow, it was simply amazing to be able to experience the power of the Lake today. I'm going to make sure from now on that I have my camera with me. No excuses :o)

Hope you had a great ride today too!
Jeff

No comments: