Monday, October 8, 2007

Trip to Two Harbors (Blog meets Blog)

This past Sunday I went on the longest single ride of my life (which isn't really that long, but hey- I'm just getting started here)... I haven't left the city of Duluth by bike for a few reasons, one, I'm usually too busy, two, I'm newer to biking and haven't had experience for longer rides, and three, I'm usually too busy :) but this weekend I asked Doug, from MN Bicycle Commuter to join me for a ride.
It started out as a possible trip towards Hinckley, but ended up being an out-and-back to Two Harbors. The ride was great! We had cooler temps, mid 50's to low 60's but it was nice.
We stopped in Two Harbors for some Culver's Frozen Custard and headed back the 22 or so miles.
For me, I put on 45 miles Sunday- almost a weeks worth of my commuting route. Doug had a bit longer ride back home, and unfortunately, got hit with some nasty weather, sorry Doug :)

As a first long ride, it was great! We stopped for a picture next to the big chicken in Two Harbors.




(From left to right, me, chicken, Doug)

I had today off, so I didn't ride today, but tomorrow it's supposed to only be a high of 46, and start off at (looking at weather.com now) 36, Ohh man- that's going to be chilly!

Have fun on your rides tomorrow everyone!
Jeff

3 comments:

Bob said...

Looks like you guys had a nice ride, just in time to miss this mess of a weather pattern we have had lately. I ride the shore quite a bit, since I live in Lakeside. Maybe I'll run into you along the way sometime.
Boz
http://diabetictifosi.spaces.live.come

Bob said...

Whoops, thats -
http://diabetictifosi.spaces.live.com/
Sorry.

Jeff said...

I live in lakeside too and ride every day, well, pretty much so- just look for the taxi bike, that's my new name for it. it (and I) are yellow (fenders and jacket) and black (everything else and pants)
I useually take the lakewalk! Ciao