Friday, November 9, 2007

The start of 1.5 inches of fresh wet snow in Duluth

The morning started with very little flakes coming down, a half hour later it looked like this...

I was super excited to finally get to ride in the snow. As quick as I could I got my new Nokian Mount & Ground tires mounted and headed out. They seemed a little skinnier then my kenda's but the worked very well as an initial impression. I would have had a major hard time with the slicks today.

On the way, my rear derailleur wouldn't go into 5th, 6th, or 7th without major skipping. I'll get it all cleaned out and see how that helps, may look at a fixed conversion or other options as I think winter will be a bear to deal with on the shifting components.

3 comments:

Bob said...

So, how do they work ?

Boz

Bob said...

So, how do they work ?

Boz

Jeff C. said...

Excellent- so far :D

I'll just say I wouldn't have wanted to try that ride with my kenda kross's