Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Who turned out the lights?

It sure does get dark out early now that we've set our clocks back an hour. I knew this time would come but it's never before been as big of a deal as it is now that I'm commuting by bike. My morning commute is nice and bright now but the ride home is well past sunset and requires good lighting. I only have a cheapo 2 led headlight (not even that great of led's, there are some good led lights, this is not one) that I use to be seen and my DIY light to see (which works great but has very short battery life with my 50 w. bulb). I also have my planet bike superflash which I am very happy with and may buy a second. I'm also looking at some new led helmet mounted lights and may get one soon.

Unfortunately, due to the short days and the fact that I haven't been able to find my next subject for my Picture Tag, my next subject is going to have to wait until Saturday when I can go out during the daylight hours.

I found this site (Winter riding tips by Pamela Blalock) today which I haven't seen before. It's a nice accumulation of info (some personal, some found on other sites as well) and links regarding biking in the winter.

I am still trying to get the right layers figured out for the right around freezing mark, I've been too warm lately. I need to get some nicer pants, that should work well. Oh, also, I don't trust Google's temperature if you type your zip and weather in Google, it's been about 8 degrees off, but that's just Duluth I'm sure. I think I need to invest in a remote thermometer and stick it outside on the roof of our building. :o)

Don't forget, tomorrow @ 8 A.M. is the start of 12 hours in photos. Should be fun. Oh- that reminds me, I need new batteries.

Have fun tomorrow and ride safe!

No comments: