Monday, January 7, 2008

I see the light light light light light light light

I got a new headlight today and it has blinky blinky blinky mode. It's a Serfas HL1. It worked nicely but I must say, the mounting clip leaved a lot to be desired. It was quite a pain to get the light onto and off from it's "quick release" slider. After about an hour of fiddling with the light with Bryn from Continental Ski and Bike and a second light from the rack, we were finally able to get reasonable performance from the mount.


(Image from Serfas website)



www.serfas.com: HL1 Headlight

1 comment:

Tex69 said...

My colleague bought a different Serfas light with the same mount and I had to fiddle with it (She's a bike mechanic novice. Little does she know I have no skills either), and from my experience, I would say it's a terrible mount just as you've state.

Happy Wintering!