Friday, April 24, 2009

Dear Duluth...

Dear Duluth,
While I appreciate all the wonderful trails and the numerous bike routes around your town, please do us all a favor. If the sign says "Bike route" with an arrow, and I follow said "route", please have a nice road for me to ride on. I don't appreciate the bike eating monster sized potholes, you know the ones, and they are all over the place. And if you happen to find my rear planet bike super flash, blinking helplessly along side Kenwood Avenue, somewhere between arrowhead and college st., please return it to me. I'd like to keep it, to remember which roads not to ride on. Even though I wouldn't be able to use it because it literally had the clip snapped right off, bouncing along dodging the huge potholes, only to succumb to the smaller ones. It's a mine field out there. Please, at least fix the pot holes so we have a good 2 feet to ride on, rather then dodging them and veering all over the place...

2 comments:

Doug said...

I concur!!!

Boz said...

It's too bad the roads are worse in the summer than the winter. Tourism is big industry are here. Maybe Duluth should offer free front end alignment coupons at the visitor center.