Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rear Blinkies, do you use them? Why or why not?

I'm curious... This evening, around 7:00 pm I seen many riders out for an evening ride (wish I would have been out there too, but I digress...). of the many I seen, only one was using a rear blinky (not only using, but had... I did not notice any others with rear lights). Now these were not just casual riders, they were into it, at least enough to realize the usefulness of blinkys.

So, I'm curious, why do you or do you not use rear lights?

4 comments:

bikingbrady said...

I have a planet bike super flash rear blinky that I can honestly say I don't use as much as I should. I use it more in the winter time than I do in the spring/summer. I usually try to beat "dusk" but there are many times that I know I'm pushing common sense.

For safety's sake, I know I need to use it more. Point duly taken.

Robin said...

I'm a commuter in NW Ohio and I too use a Planet Bike Super Flash on a Topeak bracket on a Nitto rear rack. I use it all the time. Day and night unless it's bright enough to want dark glasses. Car drivers in my rural rides are almost all considerate of me giving me space. I want to be considerate back and give them the best chance to see me. I try to ride with RUSA specs although I've not done a brevet yet.

Raiyn said...

I keep my lights in my messenger bag so that I'll have them when I need them.

WheelDancer said...

Like others here, I have the Planet Bike Super Flash (on all my bikes) and turn it on when the sun is low enough to reduce visibility for drivers.