Hope everyone has had a good week so far. Tomorrow is the big day! Bike to work day, 2009. Below is a recap of the events for tomorrow.
From Fitgers, KQDS, 92.1 Lite FM and Continental Ski and Bike & Red Rock Radio
"Fitgers, KQDS, 92.1 Lite FM and Continental Ski and Bike & Red Rock Radio have joined together in an effort to encourage Duluthians to ride to work!
We're hosting "BIKE TO WORK DAY" all day at Fitgers, Friday, May 15th.
We'll have free gift bags for cyclists (full of cool stuff), free safety checks, free Fitger's coffee & food, prizes and local celebs! We encourage cyclists to challenge their co-workers and pledge that they'll ride to work for Western Lake Superior Habitat for Humanity. The cyclist with the most pledges will win a bike from Continental.
Pledge forms available at Fitger's front desk, Continental Ski and Bike or Red Rock Radio.
For more information stop by Continental Ski and Bike - behind Plaza Walgreens - 1305 East First Street - 218 728-4466 http://www.continentalskiandbike.com/"
From the Bike to Work Committee
Date – Friday, May 15, 2009
Time – 7:00am – 9:00am
Place – Minnesota Power Plaza – Lake Ave & Superior Street
Event will include:
- Refreshments provided by the Radisson Hotel.
- Bike inspections from local bike shops.
- Demonstration on how to use the bike racks on a DTA bus.
- Bicycle commuting tips and information.
- Bike storage for bicyclists that day will be available at the YMCA.
The event is presented by the Bike to Work Committee, comprised of
representatives from the following:
Arrowhead Regional Development Commission (ARDC)
Duluth Area Trails Alliance (DATA)
Duluth Transit Authority (DTA)
Fit City Duluth
Greater Downtown Council (GDC)
Radisson Hotel Duluth Harborview
For more info, contact James Gittemeier at ARDC (218) 529-7556 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From Transportation for America: Bike to Work Fashion Event
Date – Friday, May 15
Time – 11:45am – 12:15pm
Place – Fitger's
Event will include:
- Bike to work fashion event. Our models will be walking around inside the building handing out goodie bags and showing off their fashions, and we also plan to have them out on the lake walk to talk to folks there. We'll have people modeling clothes from Continental Ski & Bike, one of the sponsors, and then Fitger's, Beneton, Trail Fitters and maybe Life is Good will have their own models showing their clothes as well.
From the Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota
Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota will put on a traffic skills class May 15-16.
For Bike-to-Work -Day 2009. My neighbor and I will be leading a ride from West Duluth into downtown from the small city park at the corner of Grand Ave and Central. I think it's called Memorial Park. We'll meet there at 7:00 am. We'll ride to the Bike to Work gathering at Minnesota Power Plaza. Join us if you live out this way.